Some Twin Mtn Area Observations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then we discovered a GREAT food truck just down the road from Carlson's Lodge. It's called the 302 Grille and has a huge menu, including blackened Fish tacos! Also offers full line of Gifford's ice cream. No kidding, this place has one of the most extensive truck menus I've seen. Moderately priced and really worth a try.
cb

I have driven past the 302 Grille many times and assumed the worst. Now I will have to give it a try - hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Carlson's Lodge is really nice and seems to attract traveler's who know a good place to stay. It is a little bit in the other direction and I usually stay in a Hostel when staying up in NH but I would expect that if they recommended it or the truck thought it was good to be near Carlson's then it's likely good.

Is that truck always there? that sounds fantastic. I haven't had fish tacos since I was living in CA. Plus, its nice to find places I can eat at with my dog.

After Chris's recommendation I stopped by this afternoon after getting a free ride up the Tram on Cannon. Its nice place, good post hike menu. I talked to the owner. The truck has been there for a couple of seasons but the owner got too busy running a new Inn on the strip. Open 6 days a week with Mondays off. The guy who is running it seems to have the right approach and attitude.

It will be my go to place in Twin Mountain. Just stay on 302 at the lights and they are on the right just after Carlson's. No need to double back to the lights when you leave, just go down Rt 302 east a few miles and take a left on Trudeau Road (look for the fireworks store), it will bring you out on RT3 just opposite the Gale River road.

I stopped in the infamous gas station last week. Got gas, coffee, a muffin. Owners are VERY nice and I chatted with one for awhile. They have tables and umbrellas on the deck still and it's a much more welcoming place. I'll make a point to support them since customers were driven away by the former owners.

Prior to that "interesting period," I actually used to enjoy a coffee on the deck there on my way to trailheads in the area. That's 15 years or more now. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this place again and hope they do well. I like Twin Mountain.

This is good news. I've always loved the Twin Mountain area since my camping days as a kid with my parents. It would great to have some great places to stop for whatever that are able to sustain themselves and become "fixtures" in the area for years to come.

Stopped at the 302 Grille on my way back from hiking Waumbek. I echo what has been said by others. Good menu, friendly people. Plenty of seating outside so you can enjoy your sandwich or ice cream. Hope they succeed. I will be back.