Tom Jenks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised and saddened to learn of the passing of one of our VFTT members and frequent guest at gatherings and related social events. Will miss his good nature and humor not to mention the first cup of coffee at gatherings.

http://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries/syracuse/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188204915

Yep, he was a good soul and is missed.

I believe that he for several years was in charge of the "Leather Apron Award" at our gatherings. (But I can't remember what the award was for!)

I do remember an epic gathering dinner with him at the White Wolf in Useless Eustis that involved much hilarity and that apron!

RIP Tom,
cb

I believe that he for several years was in charge of the "Leather Apron Award" at our gatherings. (But I can't remember what the award was for!)

cb

As I recall the leather apron was presented to the person that travelled the furthest to attend each gathering. The leather apron itself was inspired by the staff at the White Wolf.

I just camped out at Heart Lake this past weekend and walked over to the information center, took my pack off and placed it on an ADK chair and noticed a plaque on the chair.
I read it and did a double take. Tom "Teejay" Jenks. He loved these mountains, sit here and rest with him.

Its been a while since I was online here with knee issues and life issues. But Teejay was there for me with family matters when I had to go up to Syracuse. He was always cheerful, helpful and full of life. My condolences goes out to his family and I did sit down in his chair and rested with him for a bit.
It's a nice green ADK chair outside on the porch.

I just camped out at Heart Lake this past weekend and walked over to the information center, took my pack off and placed it on an ADK chair and noticed a plaque on the chair.
I read it and did a double take. Tom "Teejay" Jenks. He loved these mountains, sit here and rest with him. I did sit down in his chair and rested with him for a bit.
It's a nice green ADK chair outside on the porch.

Fantastic to read ColdFeet. Thanks for posting.