Friday Storm

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Been a nice day up north today (Thursday) suns out and winds are calm. The Obs forecast is indicating its going to be pretty wild on Friday with heavy winds carrying into Saturday if not Sunday. Given its the tail end of vacation week I hope no one get the idea that grabbing a few summits to end out the week is good idea. Hope everyone up high has the sense to get down and undercover as I expect water crossings are potentially going to be impassable and the predicted winds are going to make things hazardous for travel.

I was in Lancaster NH last evening and the Israel River that runs through town is full bank to bank with an ice dam, I expect if the weather makes it up north, there will be flooding there an in many other areas as all the rivers are not ice free. The warm temps and cold nights this past week has made the snow "rotten" and when that happens, the snow pack can collapse into a large volume of water quickly.

We really don't need another high wind and rain event early in the year but expect that is the new normal with more energetic atmosphere:(.