A little late but it's time for Peak Bragging!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Ok, this year we will extend into the Winter season that just ended.

This is your chance, once a year, to brag about your accomplishments from the last year or so.

Laurie and I completed the ADK Winter Fire Tower Challenge a few days ago. You have to climb at least 23 peaks with standing Fire Towers.

We also did the Tupper Triad, the Fulton Chain Trifecta, and the Lake George 12'ster. (These were all outside of Winter)

All of these hikes offer great Views From The Top! :D

Laurie hiked the Cranberry Lake 50.

I finished my 13th round of the Catskill 3500' peaks. I'm still not gridding! :eek: :D

Now, it's your turn!

I did 17 of 23 remaining NEHH peaks in winter bringing to a screeching halt at 94. I did only 2 NH 4Ks (Whiteface, Cabot) as they were enroute to other peaks. If you want to break trail, I would recommend this list, because clearly it is waaaay less popular than the NH 4Ks.

Most challenging - Nancy (Attempt) in snow deeper than my dog, which he tolerated only to Norcross Pond before turning around

Coldest - Goose Eye. Was -26 in Twin Mountain on my way there, and it was windy (but had warmed up before we climbed)

Took two multi-day trips to get the Six Pack peaks in Maine. White Cap, NKD and Boundary combined was probably the longest day hike of this winter.

Tim

Attachments

• 26195891_10215002655922340_6642136445277199268_n.jpg
    26195891_10215002655922340_6642136445277199268_n.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 86
Not too many goals met, but I did finish the 52WAV twice last year (started in different years) and am at #32 for a third round.

Best winter hike: a loop over Washington in late March on a gorgeous bluebird day with abundant sun, moderate temps and light wind. Perfect.

Most adventurous hike: a grand tour / bushwhack of Moosilauke utilizing the abandoned Gorge Brook Slide Trail and the abandoned section of Beaver Brook Trail that angles up over the top of Jobildunk Ravine. It was in there when it started to rain, so it was a very long and wet walk out.

I did a lot of hiking in VT over the fall which was new territory for me.

I also did a bunch of redlining, I'm somewhere around 54% I think.

Unfortunately, a lot of my larger plans were scuttled as I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees, so that scaled things back a bit. I'm three weeks out and rehabbing from a partial replacement in the right knee, so hopefully I can get back to it soon.