Glade skiing on the rise

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Saturday we started up the Monroe Trail on Camels Hump after lunch to snowshoe to Ethan and Ira Allen. We passed one couple in micro-spikes struggling with the snowy conditions and met one snowshoer descending. We also met 4 different individuals or groups (8 skiers total, all on AT gear) descending on skis. Unsure how many other snowshoer had passed through earlier that day but there were numerous fresh ski tracks before we met our 8 skiers.

Got me thinking... Is backcountry skiing mainstream....Snowshoeing is the new Telemark.

Last Saturday we started up the Monroe Trail on Camels Hump after lunch to snowshoe to Ethan and Ira Allen. We passed one couple in micro-spikes struggling with the snowy conditions and met one snowshoer descending. We also met 4 different individuals or groups (8 skiers total, all on AT gear) descending on skis. Unsure how many other snowshoer had passed through earlier that day but there were numerous fresh ski tracks before we met our 8 skiers.

Got me thinking... Is backcountry skiing mainstream....Snowshoeing is the new Telemark.

Camel’s Hump has been a backcountry skiing destination for decades. Alpine Touring gear has been evolving for the better and has gained a lot of traction on Tele Gear.

Some friends of mine just went to the randolph glade area and loved it.