NE100 in winter ???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustJoe

Reaction score
I realize winter is over. My goal is not to do them in winter. I'm just looking for info. from those who've done them in winter in regards to now. My main question is about Dorset since I may head there tomorrow. Can I assume the roads to the Dorset Mtn Trail are plowed since it looks like a residential area?

The rest of what I need I may wait but would be interested in what any attempts of those might be like now.

VT- Mendon
ME- Six-Pack, East Kennebago, S. Horn

Thanks

Are you on Facebook? There is a guy who just finished a single season Winter 100 Highest (which is ridiculous I might add) and he finished on Dorset. I believe he had a photo album for it and some details.

EDIT: Looks like the album and photos were for Breadloaf and Wilson, not Dorset. Sorry about that.

You are correct Joe. I've been to Dorset from south and north sides. Although not in winter I expect South approach is something of residential road and plowed. Approach from north side is also nice way to go and also plowed. I think south probably had some sort of turnaround or TH for plow trucks. North side may or may not have plowed but with spring conditions probably enough room on side of road.

In hind sight - I wouldn't be surprised if snow-mobilers access much of area winter from north and south through the notch west of peak. Dorset is nice little peak.

Last edited:
Jason did Breadloaf, Wilson and then Dorset and Equinox Sat/Sun last weekend.

There is a A LOT of snow, if it is not broken out.

Chain of Ponds is done logging for the year - that is a 16 mile round trip.
There was an excellent day route a month back for Whitecap, NKD and Boundary.
East Kennebago is easily approached from Bambi Lane, SnoMo trails and logging cuts.

Tim

Last edited: