White Mountain National Forest Road Status (Tripoli Road???)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a huge benefit and a massive hindrance at the same time. You can get pretty detailed info in practically real time when you have questions which is nice for last minute questions and planning because there are so many people to draw off of for information. The downside is sifting through a lot of nonsense and pettiness, repetitive and lazy questions, and determining who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't. I have been an on-and-off member of several groups on Facebook really just to ask questions when I need to and quickly look through photos to discover areas I may want to go check out. Some are moderated much better than others and that can make a big difference in the irritation factor.

Now where have I heard this story before. It sounds vaguely familiar.

Tim
:rolleyes:

I thought that trailsnh.com was now posting road status due to the Forest service shutting down their page. I don't use that site but I read that somewhere.

I thought that trailsnh.com was now posting road status due to the Forest service shutting down their page. I don't use that site but I read that somewhere.

Yes. He is very actively posting on various Facebook groups that he is updating on road status as he comes across posts about roads. I guess that should be the new de facto road status website.

I don't plan to use it as I apparently need to sign in to post a report. I find that he needs to trim some of the older posts as road conditions from last fall aren't very useful. Since he scrapes multiple sites including VFTT I will see if he grabs he ones that I posted today

I don't plan to use it as I apparently need to sign in to post a report. I find that he needs to trim some of the older posts as road conditions from last fall aren't very useful. Since he scrapes multiple sites including VFTT I will see if he grabs he ones that I posted today

I've always found this site to be a bit overwhelmingly and confusing to use. It does have a ton of current information but I just find it hard to navigate and locate what I want so I rarely reference it. Apparently the actual zoomable map is where current road status is located. I think at least.

Update from WMNF:

attachment.php

ETA: Tonight they issued

CORRECTION: Jefferson, Little Lary, and York Pond on Andro NOT confirmed as open.

Tim

Attachments

• 2018-05-11_16-21-43.jpg
    2018-05-11_16-21-43.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Slippery Brook Road Conditions

Golly .... It's been long time since I posted images. It was struggle trying to figure how to do this. I biked Slippery Brook road back in 2014 when it was gated due to this washout shown in photo below taken in 2014. Note the lack of rip-rap.

IMG_1579-L.jpg

I passed by the location of the washout Monday 5/21/2018. Now I see why it took the WMNF so long to repair the road. They did some serious engineering and installed massive boulder rip-rap hopefully will stand up to most storm events. Kudos to WMNF for doing a nice job here.

20180521_091040-L.jpg

I just grabbed snap shot without getting out of the car or the rip-rap would show up better. I don't know what's up with the snow fencing. Must have something to do with it being a snomo route.

20180521_091015-L.jpg