A to Z Trail Re-Route

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikehikeskifish

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
While hiking Tom, Field, and Willey today, I came across a pretty large tarp-covered campsite, marked by surveyor's tape, just below the junction of Avalon and A to Z. On the way down, I discovered a crew doing a reroute of the A to Z trail so that it doesn't drop down into the stream and then re-climb (this is just above the junction.) They expected to finish by end of summer, with a goal of keeping the trail more or less level, although I could not see any way it doesn't drop at least a little bit when crossing that stream.

Tim

Last edited:
While hiking Tom, Field, and Willey today, I came across a pretty large tarp-covered campsite, marked by surveyor's tape, just below the junction of Avalon and A to Z. On the way down, I discovered a crew doing a reroute of the A to Z trail so that it doesn't drop down into the stream and then re-climb (this is just above the junction.) They expected to finish by end of summer, with a goal of keeping the trail more or less level, although I could not see any way it doesn't drop at least a little bit when crossing that stream.

Tim

Is that the spot that gets packed down and icy in Winter and becomes a bit of a luge track on the upper part of the ravine?