Thread: Rabies Bait Pack Dropping

Rabies Bait Pack Dropping

Never realized this was going on. Although seems to be happening in more Urban areas has anyone ever come across one of these while hiking? https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ne...gins/202122399
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Never heard of it. Never seen 'em. Wonder about the incidence and concern for rabid animals in the hills vs the cities.
    Life is a trip. Pack Accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Never heard of it. Never seen 'em. Wonder about the incidence and concern for rabid animals in the hills vs the cities.
    I think they talk about the domestication of wild animals in urban areas being a factor of higher incidence. Would only stand to reason that increased population density would also be a factor.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    I think they talk about the domestication of wild animals in urban areas being a factor of higher incidence. Would only stand to reason that increased population density would also be a factor.
    Yeah, right. Makes sense. Perhaps their drops will be more on the periphery. HA! Good to know, regardless. I'd really REALLY be wondering what was up if I were meandering along and I heard the aircraft then things seemed to be being dropped upon me.
    Life is a trip. Pack Accordingly.

Vermont has been doing it for years. When I was living there for a short time, they were actually placing baits by hand in some more urban areas.

Never seen one in the woods.