Gerald Leveillee - newest completer of the 770

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpencerVT

Reaction score
11 of us went up to Tumbledown in Maine yesterday to celebrate the 11th finisher of the Northeast 770. Dennis presented Gerald with his 770 completion patch at the summit. Beautiful weather and views all around. Congratulations Gerald! What a tremendous accomplishment, way to go!

43030655514_df67d348ea_z.jpg

It's all the 3000' peaks. It's a hardy group. :)

That's quite a list! Wow. What the hell is next for these lists - stand on every GPS plot point in New England? The NE9034345788023! :p

I've heard about all of these:

NE 1000 highest
NH 200
NH 300
NH xxx ?
NY 300
County high points of the USA
Someone 'gridded' the 115 recently.
A member here did the NH 48 Grid in 1 year.

Too many people with too much free time on their hands! :D

And some people are doing the 777 (not sure which 7 were added, and at that point, what's 7 more!)

And some people are doing the 777 (not sure which 7 were added, and at that point, what's 7 more!)

I've heard different explanations, but I think currently most are working with a 777 list (that's what I reached when comparing different sources, e.g. Dennis, Oncoman).

That's quite a list! Wow. What the hell is next for these lists - stand on every GPS plot point in New England? The NE9034345788023! :p

Hahahahaha! This made me laugh. So true.
Human nature is to keep upping the ante. Someone skydives from Space in 1960, then another person has to do it from even higher in 2014. You see this type of thing with ESPN extreme sports, Red Bull, etc...all the time.
In part, I was attracted to climbing the 770 precisely because it's such a ridiculously long and outrageous list. Hopefully I'll be done in a year or two and then can begin working on DayTrip's GPS Plot Point List. Haha!

Sherby - Nice hanging out with you this weekend and meeting you too!

I've heard different explanations, but I think currently most are working with a 777 list (that's what I reached when comparing different sources, e.g. Dennis, Oncoman).

Yeah, whatever list you use it still an impressive feat. I suspect that most who do 770 will explore some 'iffy' peaks too. My take is that anyone doing this list is doing it because they love to explore, not just to get it done. :)

Yeah, whatever list you use it still an impressive feat. I suspect that most who do 770 will explore some 'iffy' peaks too. My take is that anyone doing this list is doing it because they love to explore, not just to get it done. :)

I would hope no hiker does a list just to get it done, but rather because they truly love the outdoors, mountains, exploring, adventure, - and most of all, - going to some places where very few have ever ventured before.
For these big lists especially it really has to be in your blood. You have to want it - to truly love the outdoors, otherwise you'll never have the internal motivation to get out of bed, drive 3 hours and fight through the thicket at a 1/4 mph pace to reach the summit.

And if you add the 4 you need to finish the Cat 100 (of course there is a 200 now too!), 781 just does not sound good. :D

Congratulations Gerald. That's a lot of peaks.

I believe people were making a list of mountains in NH not on a list to create a list of listless peaks. Sometimes I feel listless.

Not sure of the reality of that, but I would guess it's real.

I think that there is a high number of people who "list" the 4k's just to complete the list. But when you get to list like the Grid or God help you, this list. You most certainly hike because you love it, the list is secondary. Well done.