Thread: Reminder - Berlin ATV Festival on this weekend

Reminder - Berlin ATV Festival on this weekend

The north country of NH will be awash in ATVs this weekend. The event is centered around Jericho Lake State Park on RT 110 but Berlin and Gorham will both be busy. Unless you need to head into Gorham, take Pinkham B road to avoid it. Motels, campgrounds and restaurants will be full up all the way to the Conway area. It usually gets busy Thursday night with peak traffic in Friday night.
    Last edited by peakbagger; 08-02-2018 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Capt Caper objects to the characterization of participants

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    The north country of NH will be awash in ATVs this weekend. The event is centered around Jericho Lake State Park on RT 110 but Berlin and Gorham will both be busy. Unless you need to head into Gorham, take Pinkham B road to avoid it. Motels, campgrounds and restaurants will be full up all the way to the Conway area. It usually gets busy Thursday night with peak traffic in Friday night.

If someone wants to check out the events, they tend to be family friendly but definitely country western redneck, camo tends to prevail.
    Sir..I take offense on call them "Redneck..country western etc" and I assume you have much deeper darker thoughts on what you think about ATV'rs.. Many aren't into country or rednecked.

Why couldn't you of just mentioned about the festival and left it at that.. you seem to have narrow minded views on people and their affairs concerning ATV's..probably Snowmobiles and many other facets of this diverse life on this planet I have realized.

No offense intended. Since you object to the characterization I will gladly remove it. Of course since you quoted me, the characterization will remain in the thread.

BTW that is what PMs are for
    Last edited by peakbagger; 08-02-2018 at 09:54 AM.

'Springtime' on the Carters (Somerville, MA)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCaper View Post
    Sir..I take offense on call them "Redneck..country western etc" and I assume you have much deeper darker thoughts on what you think about ATV'rs.. Many aren't into country or rednecked.

Why couldn't you of just mentioned about the festival and left it at that.. you seem to have narrow minded views on people and their affairs concerning ATV's..probably Snowmobiles and many other facets of this diverse life on this planet I have realized.
    I'm not offended by the word, but it is likely inaccurate, given the southern connotations of the term. The term hillbilly would also not be accurate as that tend to be more southern Appalachian. I think the safest term to use might be 'genuinely unpretentious'.
    | 63.0% W48: 19/48
    Trail Adopter of the Guinea Pond Trail (Pemi District)

When I was growing up, people referred to us as "hicks," thank you very much.

I believe the band playing the festival is "Shot of JD." Punk band I think, maybe post-industrial metal.
    Humankind has not woven the web of life.
    We are but one thread within it.
    Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
    All things are bound together.
    All things connect.
    ~ Chief Seattle, 1854 ~

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    No offense intended. Since you object to the characterization I will gladly remove it. Of course since you quoted me, the characterization will remain in the thread.

BTW that is what PMs are for
    Sometimes it’s a good thing to be called out publicly. It helps keep things politically neutral.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey