Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carter Notch Road / Wildcat River Trail

The Wild River is similar to the East Branch of the Pemi but the flows vary more significantly after a rain. The farther up the river you get the better. There is always the high water route on the west side of the river that connects up with the remaining bridge adjacent to RT 113 but it adds a lot of miles. Moriah Brook trail is best done when dry.

OK. That gives me a good benchmark. I wasn't going to do Moriah Brook Trail because I thought I had read on SectionHiker blog or somewhere that the trail was in kind of rough shape (blowdowns, mud, badly needs brushing,etc). Was thinking of either going all the way out to Mt Hight via Black Angel Trail or doing a loop up Wild River and then back over Eagle Crag/Mt Meader/etc. Have to wait and see on the weather.

Can you recommend trails that are similar to Boggy Brook Trail in terms of the forest composition, vegetation, etc in the Wild River Wilderness? Is the forest very similar through the valley or does it vary? I obviously traveled only the far West portion of the Wild River Trail but really enjoyed that area.
    NH 48 4k: 48/48; NH W48k: 46/48; NY 46: 5/46