Vehicle Break-In's at Trail Heads

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
second-gen Isuzu Trooper? (1991-2002)

edit: on second thought I agree with TDawg. I thought the photo showed a painted C-pillar but now I think that's just glare. Second-gen Forester (2002-2008) is a better match for size, and being newer than 2001 is consistent with the paint being in good condition.

However, I'm not at all convinced that's a tattoo on his arm. I think it's shmutz on the camera lens. There's a similar mark that would appear to be in a weird spot inside his right elbow. And I've never seen a tattoo that makes skin paler.

Last edited:
I wonder if those arm tattoos are what will do him it.

There is an article in today's Conway Daily Sun saying that they have arrested the suspect. Apparently he broke into a car at Black Cap trail head and stole a debit card, and the pictures were taken as he tried to use it.
The only item of value I ever leave in my vehicle is a beer on ice apres hike.

The hassle factor is usually the biggest loss. When I see a line of piles of glass corresponding to several side windows I expect that the owners all had a major PITA driving home with no window and then an additional PITA getting it swapped out.

Great they busted him, most of the breakins over the years were not by rocket scientists, about 50/50 high school kids out for a thrill and local career lowlifes.