Tubbs Snowshoe Repair Service Good?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisB

Reaction score
Hi,

Any of you winter trekkers ever use the Tubbs factory snowshoe repair service? If so, were you satisfied with the results?

My shoes have some broken deck mounting straps and popped rivets that need replacement.

cb

Hi,

Any of you winter trekkers ever use the Tubbs factory snowshoe repair service? If so, were you satisfied with the results?

My shoes have some broken deck mounting straps and popped rivets that need replacement.

cb

My aluminium rail cracked years ago - reached out for service and never heard back. Switched to the Flex models and haven't had anything to repair yet in 3 winters, but I'm not optimistic when that time comes.

You may have different options and those options may vary on the model you own. Personally if I were dealing with deck straps and a few rivets I would just fix it myself. Depending on how old they are you might be able to find a repair kit on eBay which would probably include parts you should have in a field repair kit anyhow. If you still have your receipt and they are still under warranty then sending them back to Tubbs or another authorized repair center may be the way to go. Be prepared to wait awhile as my experience they can be slow. Turn around time may vary but you are good to get it moving now as when Winter hits it is destined to take awhile.

https://www.tubbssnowshoes.com/en/customer-service/cs-repairs.html

https://www.mtnsoles.com/tubbs-snowshoe-repair/

Again I would look at eBay. A lot of good deals. IMO by the time you pay for parts and shipping not to mention the down time without the shoes you are well on your way to finding a whole new set of shoes.

Last edited:
I had a perfectly wonderful experience with my Flex Alps being repaired at Tubbs and under warranty... even after warranty was past the 2 years... on the bindings. AND, a subsequent failure of the deck rivets and a follow-up failure of the bindings at year 3 were also repaired under warranty.

The shipping costs are on the high side to send snowshoes across the country.

Tim