3 day 2 night loop in NH?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HikingBryan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a 3 day 2 night loop hike? Mid October wil the goal being enjoyable (ie not trying to bag too many peaks) good views, wilderness, rivers etc. we can average about 10-13 miles per day assuming elevation isn’t large.

I had my eye on a Wiley, Tom field loop in at zealand tonethsn pond, over the ridge, then back out maybe over hale.

Where else should I look?

Thanks!!

Graton Loop Trail over in Grafton Notch is Maine might fit your wishes. The Wild River Evans Notch area also would have several options.

Thanks guys,

Any suggestion a little closer to NH?
We are coming from Albany and CT.

Best

Bryan

Thanks guys,

Any suggestion a little closer to NH?
We are coming from Albany and CT.

Best

Bryan

I like your first thought but start at Arethusa Falls Trail, Go up Wiley, Tom then down to Zealand. You can camp around there are Thoreau Falls area or wherever you like. The next day down to wilderness trail
and get the Bonds and stay at Guyot or nearby. Next day is out via Zealand and Thoureau Falls. Yeah I think 7 peaks and 39 miles. Maybe on the outside of your bubble but a great hike. If you start on Saturday you hit Guyot on Sunday so you have little worry about not getting a spot. The night before is easy in that part of the Pemi.
Grafton loop is cool too and only an hour further away. Have more but that is a favorite.

Try googling "Pemi Loop". It's around 30 miles, though the elevation gain may be more than you want to bite off. Campsites available at Liberty Spring, Garfield, and Guyot.

I did it four years ago in three days with overnights at Greenleaf and Galehead huts (closed now, I think).

Try googling "Pemi Loop". It's around 30 miles, though the elevation gain may be more than you want to bite off. Campsites available at Liberty Spring, Garfield, and Guyot.

I did it four years ago in three days with overnights at Greenleaf and Galehead huts (closed now, I think).

Greenleaf & Galehead last night is October 20 (sold out). 19th and earlier still has availability.

Pemi: in Nancy Pond, hit Nancy, to Carrigain Notch to Stillwater and loop around the Shoal Pond Peaks and back out Nancy Pond. Throw a side trip to the Whitewall slide and up Zeacliff if you're feeling especially ambitious. Tons of camping available pretty much everywhere on the loop.

Dry River: Davis Path to Stairs Col to Rocky Branch South to Iso East back out Davis. Camp at any of the million designated sites along the route.

Sandwich Range: Bennett St to Flat Mtn Pond for camp night one. Night two backtrack over to Guinea Pond Trail to Black Mtn Pond Trail. Camp Black Mtn Pond. Out over Sandwich Dome back to Bennet St.

Great Gulf: Base camp at Buttress. Several loops up to the ridge available.

Wild River: Basin to Basin Rim to Meader Ridge to Eagle Link to Wild River up Rainbow and over to Black Angel or Moriah Brook back down to the valley.

Caribou: I don't know. 3 day loops with decent mileage are hard to come by. Red Rock is my favorite spot in there.

If looking to be off the beaten path some, I really like Joshandbaron's Pemi suggestion. The Sandwich Range one is nice also and if there is any foliage left, views to the south is were any remaining color may be.