Cannon Mountain Death

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that sure sucks. I'm so sorry for all involved, especially the friend who tried to help his buddy, and the family of the deceased. Just sucks. The events immediately following the accident (namely, running down a rugged stream bed in bare feet) speaks to what is possible given an adequate flow of stress hormones. I'm so sorry about this.

What an awful accident. My heart goes out to the poor kid's family.

Question -- Where exactly is this 250 foot waterfall? In the Tram Line swath? I've never noticed it when riding the tram winter or summer?

And how would one access it? Can you actually hike up the Tram Line?

(I've seen youtube vids of skiing the Tram Line and no 250 drop is obvious.)

Just curious.... cb

What an awful accident. My heart goes out to the poor kid's family.

Question -- Where exactly is this 250 foot waterfall? In the Tram Line swath? I've never noticed it when riding the tram winter or summer?

And how would one access it? Can you actually hike up the Tram Line?

(I've seen youtube vids of skiing the Tram Line and no 250 drop is obvious.)

Just curious.... cb

I am pretty sure the unnamed waterfall is accessible off the Kinsman Glade (ski "trail") near the bottom. Never been but as I was snowboarding the bottom half of Kinsman Glade a couple years ago someone told me the "waterfall is IN! Go ride it!!!".....

I am pretty sure the unnamed waterfall is accessible off the Kinsman Glade (ski "trail") near the bottom. Never been but as I was snowboarding the bottom half of Kinsman Glade a couple years ago someone told me the "waterfall is IN! Go ride it!!!".....

Yeah, it's skier's left near where the ski trail hits the hiking trail. It's the brook which flows by the tram building.

Last edited:
Does this mean that the deceased and his friend violated the Cannon Mountain Ski area no trespassing rule? On private property the act of posting the land would have nullified the recreational liability statute making the landowner potentially liable for the accident. As its state property I don't think it makes a difference which is a good reason why Cannon should not be closed to hikers and other off season visitors.

Still a tragedy but expect this may come up again in the future when there is another push to get rid of the posting of state owned park land.