Mt. Rosebrook Summit is closed for renovations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyPuck

Reaction score
I hiked the Bretton Woods Ski area attempting Mt. Rosebrook. Hikers welcome and trails were well marked leading to the right of the base lodge. Follow the ATV trail to the summit chair lift. Upon arrival there are several signs deterring hikers from proceeding into an active construction zone. Looks like they are actively building a large summit hut and have closed off the area. Hikers are recommended to take the Mt. Oscar trail. (wish I knew this before hiking .2 from the summit).

Just out of curiosity, does it looks like the construction zone is extending into the high point? Which is only yards from the already existing summit clearing.

Hey Joe, I'm guessing not. Check out the photo from Aug. 26 here: https://www.brettonwoods.com/Activities/photos_and_cams/Gondola-Photos. You can still see high ground on the left.

Yep, there's another photo from Sept. 18 (there are two of those, the one at the top is #8 of 26 in the slide show), might be the same spot from reverse angle, this one shows the top gondola terminal under construction and there's another lift terminal in the background that's clearly higher.

There was a trail race to the summit of Rosebrook last Saturday. There was a fair bit of construction equipment around the area but it appeared the actual summit was "in the clear."