Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Ignore The Symptoms Of Heart Issues!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    So I had the stress test and nuclear imaging done, and I have one partial blockage. Went back and forth with the cardiologist and decided that since imaging doesn't show all potential blockages, we will go ahead with the cardiac catheterization and if there is only one blockage, he will insert a drug eluding stent.

Just took my 1st 10mg of Atorvastatin and will see how that goes, glad I'm starting with a low dose.
    Good luck. Are you doing the procedure at Monadnock?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnski View Post
    Good luck. Are you doing the procedure at Monadnock?
    Thank you Finnski! And your 1st post at that! Nope, I'm having everything done at New England Heart Institute at CMC in Manchester. From what I've been able to gather, they are the best in the area. I know that CMC has a satellite office at Monadnock, but if something goes south, I want to be at CMC. I have a friend who is a local EMT who says that whenever they have a patient with serious heart issues, they drive past Monadnock and go straight to CMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
    Thank you Finnski! And your 1st post at that! Nope, I'm having everything done at New England Heart Institute at CMC in Manchester. From what I've been able to gather, they are the best in the area. I know that CMC has a satellite office at Monadnock, but if something goes south, I want to be at CMC. I have a friend who is a local EMT who says that whenever they have a patient with serious heart issues, they drive past Monadnock and go straight to CMC.
    Your welcome. First post but maybe one of the longest lurkers on record. Been reading threads for years and years.
    CMC sounds like a very good choice. I live in the Monadnock region and my wife is an RN of 33 years and I think she would agree with you!

I arrived at CMC yesterday at 9am, was taken down to the procedure room at 12:30, was back in my room at 1:30, and was home at 7. They found that my main(right) cardiac artery was almost completely blocked, but were able to place a stent and open the artery back up. The xray images are cool and scary at the same time! They were also able to do the procedure through my wrist which was nice. Now I'll be on blood thinners for around a year to prevent clotting, and statins and new BP meds for life, which I am hoping is a long time.

Again, I was very lucky as the cardiologist stressed that most do not get the warnings that I had, and those who do don't always get attention quick enough. I was really stupid & lucky as I waited over a week after the 1st warnings.

Hope to be back out on the trails soon!

Here's wishing you Happy Trails for lots of years. Good job. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019_16A.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	6086

Thank you Hillwalker!! I went for a 1 mile road walk yesterday with some hills, and for the last 6 months, I was breathing really hard during the walk. Yesterday was a mind opener as to how much better things are as I never had to even pause for a break. Today I was up on the roof multiple times to do some needed repairs and was amazed at my increased stamina.

Again, my wife reminded me that for the last 6 months she had questioned my breathing hard after coming up the cellar stairs. I have to admit that she was right. Don't ignore your wives or close others, and pay attention to the subtle signals that your body is giving you. Now I only have to get used to hearing my wife tell me "I told you so" 10 times a day!