Thread: You haven't lived until you've seen a Maine colossal Moose

You haven't lived until you've seen a Maine colossal Moose

I climbed Stoney Brook Mtn, The Horn, Horns Pond Peak and Cranberry Peak yesterday. Took me 11 hours and it was around 28 degrees up there all day long.
    On the way back to Vermont, driving from Stratton, Maine to Errol NH I saw 10 Moose. I averaged about 1 every six miles.
    It was like a great moose migration up there.
    Anyhow, all of the moose were of the usual size and appearance for what I have seen throughout Maine and NH. However, one of them was just like the Mother of all Moose. This sucker was of mythical proportions. The kind you see on the news every decade or so. It looked surreal, as if it was Photoshopped in real life. It was in the oncoming traffic lane and the lane dwarfed in comparison to its massive size. It felt like the size of two of my cars stacked on top of each other. I wish I could have gotten a photo but it lumbered off into the woods before I could. This sucker was like the General Sherman Tree of Moose.
    Spencer
    Bigfoot

Pictures or it didn't happen. Seriously, though, that's cool. Is it just a coincidence that your avatar photo is bigfoot?

I've seen some in ME. not large ones though.But they are not limited to ME. This guy was just bellow the summit of
    Mt Shaw. Easily the size of a Clydesdale. This is was the second encounter of what I'm pretty sure is the same bull. Totally, unimpressed by humans trying to shoo him away.

Here is my Moose taken from about 10 feet. He walked right past me just off the Zealand Falls trail October 8 2010. I was in the woods just off the trail and he walked right past me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moose_oct_82010.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6087

You certainly don't want to flirt with that bull's cows ... and if you do, back down slowly and plead for three steps towards the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    You certainly don't want to flirt with that bull's cows ... and if you do, back down slowly and plead for three steps towards the door!
    They do keep a watchful eye.