Lost dog in the High Peaks 3/1 Gothics & Saddleback area - Dog Found

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeepForest

Reaction score
Lost Dog near Gothics Saddleback 3/1
I'm reposting this from Telemark Mike from ADK High Peaks Forum. 3/1

Hi all,

Well I lost my dog Rev again. I know there's lots of forum folks on the trails so if anybody sees her, please get her. She has a tag with my phone number on it. She looks like a large beagle, although she is a hound. You can see her in my avatar. I guess if I get her back, I'll have to leave her home on trips where it's not practical to have her on a leash the entire time.

I lost her in the col between Gothics and Saddleback (right by the sign saying Gothics .6 miles to the left and Saddleback .5 miles to the right). She was just ahead of me on the trail and she crested the col and was out of my sight for about 20 seconds. She must have seen something. Her tracks in the snow started going over the col and down the south side.

I searched for her for a long time and also waited in my car at the Garden from 4-7 PM with no luck. I saw lots of folks heading into Grace Camp, Peggy O'Brien and the Ore Bed Leanto. Hopefully somebody will see her.

I had unhooked her leash as we struggled to climb the ore bed slide area in over a foot of windblown powder.

Please no comments on my dog parenting. I don't need that right now. You can criticize my later if I get her back.

I'll be heading back there tomorrow to retrace my route and look for her again.

Can you post a better/larger picture if you have one? Can't see her at all clearly in your avatar photo.

Mostly white with Beagle markings. Taller than a Beagle. If you see a dog like this wandering and alone near the peaks, either on John's Brook or AMR side, almost certainly it's Rev and let people know or try to entice him close.

Short version - very worried owner went back and looked all over where Rev disappeared. Lots of folks on alert and a group found him nearby, put Rev on rope and led him down to the Johns Brook Valley where leanto rehab folks called out. Pooch and a grateful owner safely reunited.
Nice ending to what could have been a tragedy this time of year.

Deep Forest....very happy to hear this. Sent you a PM.

Maddy-Molly-Sir Tucker