Carter notch road suggestions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egilbe

Reaction score
Thinking about hiking up to Perkins Perkins and camping over the weekend. Looking for suggestions, or limitations to hiking the Hutmen’s trail to Bog Brook trail, or possibly taking Halls Ledge trail to Bog Brook trail.

Is there parking along 16 for the Hutmen’s trail? I remember seeing the sign designating the trail when I’ve driven down 16, but dont recall if there is parking.

Alternately, was thinking of driving down Carter Notch road and parking in the parking area before the gate. Possible snow forecast so not sure what the condition of the road is going to be. We may try to climb up to Carter Dome via Rainbow trail if its not snowing and we park on Carter Notch road.

Suggestions and criticisms welcome and encouraged.

Thinking about hiking up to Perkins Perkins and camping over the weekend. Looking for suggestions, or limitations to hiking the Hutmen’s trail to Bog Brook trail, or possibly taking Halls Ledge trail to Bog Brook trail.

Is there parking along 16 for the Hutmen’s trail? I remember seeing the sign designating the trail when I’ve driven down 16, but dont recall if there is parking.

Alternately, was thinking of driving down Carter Notch road and parking in the parking area before the gate. Possible snow forecast so not sure what the condition of the road is going to be. We may try to climb up to Carter Dome via Rainbow trail if its not snowing and we park on Carter Notch road.

Suggestions and criticisms welcome and encouraged.

Bald Land to East Branch is another nice way into that area. Access should be fine regardless of snow.

Carter Notch road isnt gated, but it is snow covered and icy from what we could see from the trail, there was a couple cars parked at the parking lot for Bog brook trail. After going up to the trail towards Perkins notch, we debated what the river was going to look like after a night of rain and decided to turn back and camp in the woods. No major river crossings when its in the 30’s for me. Got home today in time for football.