Winter Gathering NH Barnes Field February 21-23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go figure, i plan this 3 months ago and it's going to rain on Friday. Hmmm, just like the gathering 9 years ago. Madtownie, skimom, Poison Ivy,hikerBob, remember that crazy rainy freezing day? Still going up Thursday. Looks like possibly Mt Waumbeck (sp?) on Friday.

Saturday might be ok weatherwise... I took a spin in today and you have most short driveways to the sites plowed out but could only see one fire ring shoveled out...a few picnic tables cleared off too...don't forget your shovel!!

Saturday might be ok weatherwise... I took a spin in today and you have most short driveways to the sites plowed out but could only see one fire ring shoveled out...a few picnic tables cleared off too...don't forget your shovel!!

Thx for update...shovel already packed...also have a fire ring in a plastic bag, was going to tie onto roof tomorrow morning...looks like rain Friday afternoon, hope to do an early hike that morning...stop by if your free Saturday..going to hike with MattD also on Sat, your welcome to join..slow and steady group.

Just stopped by Barnes and met Coldfeet, MOC (ADKHP) and Lefty E who like me was just visiting. I've hiked with CF before, but nice to meet you guys.

Ed

Im gonna be there! heading up during the day after I pack my truck. Looking forward to meeting some of the new people in views as well as the old ones! Lol! Kinda looks like its gonna be too sloppy for some backcountry sking but im gonna bring them anyways just in case. Is there gonna be beer at this thing! Lol! :)

I'm off to Jay Peak this weekend. I'll miss seeing you all, have a heck of a great time!

Wow a chance to meet shizzmac!

I always thought he was a legend...kinda like Hikerdude or Robohiker :confused:

When I stopped in again this afternoon after hiking Waumbek with coldfeet, Red Oak was also there.

By the way...best rainy day hike ever...partly because it didn't rain. Snow balling on the snowshoes was an issue, but manageable. Thought there would be no views, but visibility was excellent.

Last edited:
I'm skiing Wildcat with my son tomorrow, and plan on stopping by in the evening for a few... And yes, The Shizz is definitely worth the price of admission... :)

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Hope you can make the most of the conditions, whatever they are.

Have enjoyed these Gatherings, especially Saturday night, but this year we're headed to Springer Mountain ... not to begin the AT but dayhikes on the way to Florida with the kayak. A while back I began feeling sort of like Sam McGee from Tennessee and figured the warm estuaries of Florida were just the antidote ... last winter when I had that same feeling we wound up in Yellowstone ...

Lot's of fun! Talk later..a few people left some things there...lawn chair and tent, hope you guys went back to get it.

An impish grin on Starr King:

20140221_115614.jpg