Boundary et al. this week?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencer

Reaction score
Maine Avatar: We could use some snow around here
Anyone interested in going to Boundary and maybe some others in the vicinity this week sometime? I was thinking about going for an overnight or two if necessary. Starting sometime Thursday, Friday or Saturday?

I'm flexible, so give me a holler if you are interested.

I'll check into snow conditions.

spencer

[email protected]

Hey Spencer,

Right now my schedule for the weekend is a bit up in the air - so don't plan anything on my behalf. But if things work out and you're in my neighborhood, I'd be happy to join you. I've gone to NH the last four weekends and it'd sure be nice to do something without a 3 hour drive each way!

Sunday is looking better than Saturday for me right now. I'll keep you posted.

Turnbill

I think you can only drive to Kennebago Lake, maybe to Little K Lake.

I'm looking into it.

It'd take two days I think. I was thinking meeting in the morning, skiing as far as possible the first day and setting up camp. Do the hike/hikes and ski out on day 2.

spencer

You can save a lot of mileage using Audrey's Route. Have you considered coming in from the Canadian side?

Based upon conditions in the Millinocket area the past weekend I expect there to be a crusty snow covered with granola but there is a lot of weather coming 'tween now and the weekend.

ayuh.

Stan,

I talked to folks in Woburn and the roads are not plowed down along Arnold River.

Would you send me the directions from Audrey's Route that you used last time?

thanks,
spencer

Cantdog, if I can, I'm going to go this week, but I'm always up for trips, so if you go later on, I might go again :)

spencer

Spencer,

You can find directions under Trail Conditions for Maine. My report is Sept. 20 and MEO wrote one on Oct. 5. Meo has a GPS so his detail is probably more accurate.

Keep an eye, and ear, out for wolves. I am certain that was no coyote Erik and I heard while camped in Stetsontown ... in the canine songs of the night what we heard was Paverotti compared to say, Dylan. Watch for tracks along Canada Rd., that was roughly the route they seemed to be on from our musical vantage point in the gravel pit.

Stan

Thanks Sherpa, but then someone posted a report that it was back up. That's a heavily used area, so I'd be surprised that it stayed down for long. And that won't be plowed, so I'll be crossing it on foot anyway.

I'm investigating alternate approaches, so it might not matter anyway.

spencer

If you take Audrey's Route you'd go over that bridge and take your first right, along Bear Brook I think it was, probably 50 yards away. Even if impassable by vehicle, it might be manageable on foot.