Cannon 8.2.23

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat32

Reaction score
Cannon via Kinsman Ridge- one of the shortest hikes to a 4,000ft summit in NH.
I did this 30 mins after finishing up Owls Head in the morning.
This happened to be #48 in NH and 67 in New England 4,000 footers.
My first New England climb was 7/8/99 on Killington and NH on 7/14/99 while thru hiking the AT. Never intending to climb all of them at that time? I eventually made to the last peaks on both lists. I made the trip back to NH August1 to hike my last three hikes finishing wit Cannon just 24 years after I climbed my first on both lists. The lists don’t mean that much to me or I wouldn’t have taken 24 years to finish, but taking so long kind of makes me appreciate it more- I think it’s knowing I have had the opportunity to visit so many new areas over the years and that I’m still just as strong as a hiker as I was in 1999.
Cannon isn’t that exciting, but I have the trip report and photos at the link.
http://www.tomcatsadventures.com/2023/08/finishing-new-hampshire-48-on-cannon.html?m=1

I summited my first NH48 in 1985, and still have 12 to go. I'm thinking I'll finish in 2025 and make it an even 40 year journey. Didn't start deliberately going after peaks on the list until I retired 5 years ago. Before that the summits just happened to be the ones I was climbing. Half of the 36 I've done have been since I retired. I'm also working on my personal "Not The Grid" list, where each month has a summit of at least one NH 4K peak. I just have December left to complete that list.