Devils Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askus3

Reaction score
Warwick, NY ( 3 miles by crow from Wildcat Shelter
This is a corollary to an old thread. As many of you know we are having a traverse of the Devils Path in the Catskills taking place on Saturday, May 22. This is a benefit hike for two worthy causes; New York-New Jersey Trail Conference and the Brain Tumor Society. I know that the Catskills are a great distance away for many of you. To bolster the participation in this event, I want to offer this suggestion.

If you hike at my pace (moderate and steady) and make this a whole day event, I would consider at the 15 mile mark of the hike departing from the Devils Path and following the Hunter Mountain Trail & Spruceton Trail to obtain the bagging of Hunter Mountain. To make the weekend complete, the next morning I would take you to the trailhead for you to climb Slide Mountain. This way you can bag the two Catskill 4,000 foot summits and participate in this great hiking fund raiser. If there is any interest, please respond ASAP so car shuttling plans can be ammended for those taking me up on this option. This hike would have a length of 20.2 miles and close to 7,000 feet of elevation gain.

Last edited: