Hale: Fire Warden's Trail 12-8-13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summitseeker

Reaction score
Hale: Fire Warden's Trail
12-8-13

Trail Conditions: As of yesterday there was little snow and some small sections of ice.

Equipment: Microspikes made the footing much easier.

Comments: SteveR, HA, and I met up at 8:30 at the end of Little River Road. The first thing that caught my attention, as someone new to this trail, was all the posted signs. We geared up and shortly before leaving the impromptu lot a truck pulled up the small road and stopped before the locked gate. The man looked in our direction but did not say anything. We stalled for a few minutes and then crossed the bridge and ducked under the gate. There is a brand new post with address numbers and signs of development in the immediate area. I do not know much about the history of this property but I am guessing that it has nothing to do with The 7 Dwarfs Hotel.

After a great hike we returned to the lot and I was relieved to see our cars had not been towed. FWIW it seems like the land across from the snowmobile bridge will be further developed and I do not know what that means for us hikers.

This is a great trail and far more interesting than a road walk down Zealand once the gate is locked. I truly hope that hikers are permitted to respectfully pass through this small stretch before reaching the trail to the Twins parking area.

Z :D