Hiking this weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillman1

Reaction score
Well, I definitely got more than I thought I would for xmas, so I'm going hiking. If anyone is out, I'll either be doing the santanonis or haystack and basin from the garden. I'm leaning towards the santanonis though. I'll be starting real early saturday morning if anyone wants to join in on the fun. I'll be the guy with the goatee eating breakfast somewhere near a junky 87 buick century.

Two sets of crampons, a four season tent, national geographic adirondack topo software, kicker skins, and then all the usual stuff.

wait a minute!!

mavs ...

santa left me the same note!

hmmmmm .... something damn fishy here ...

:D

I got all the good gear, then climbed the wrong mountain. I was bushwacking up panther from bradley pond, not towards times square, I was following tracks up a stream bed. I kept checking my gps until I was .6 from the summit, then I came to where I crossed the stream. I topped out on a ridge with exceptional views of....panther. So I turned on my gps again, it said I was .6 from the summit of panther, It was straight across from where I stood. It was still a great hike, I met some cool people, and it was a beautiful day, with tons of sunshine and blue skies. By the way--I strapped on the crampons just to see how they work, I postholed up to my waist. I promptly returned them to my pack. I figured that would happen, but I just had to try them on.