Journey to Jericho ATV fest next weekend Aug 4th to the 6th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
A FYI, the large ATV festival in Berlin returns to the Berlin and Gorham Area next weekend after a few years off and a change of name. Accommodations are always tight in the area during the summer but get more so for this event. Every hotel/motel and campground usually gets booked from Thursday to Sunday for a 50-mile radius. The activities are centered in Berlin, but Main Street in Gorham gets tied up with ATV traffic interacting with US RT2 and RT 16 traffic heading to town. Anyone heading to York Pond area to do Cabot, Unknown Pond or Rogers Ledge should plan on extra time getting through Berlin or considering alternate routes to avoid RT 110 as that is the main route to and from the events at Jericho State Park.

Having been on the planning team for the first festival and worked at and managed the impacts of nearly every subsequent festival including writing the bulk of the special use permits; glad I don't have to deal with it anymore.

The amount of drug busts and DUI arrests, trash and vandalism to facilities was exhausting. The participants had difficulty following rules and park employees we were constantly challenged and threatened when trying to enforce rules and order. We relied heavily on our law enforcement partners as they only listened to people with guns.

Like many gatherings I feel most atv folks are good people. Thankful for that. Probably better than the rainbow people this summer.
I'm working a campground in the black hills this season and sturgis is coming quick. It will be interesting.
God bless the usa where we can do these things.

Diana’s Bath is worse than the festival every weekend.

I'm in the Black Hills for the summer. Side by sides,Razors and ATV's can go on any road in SD except the interstate. I'd rather have them then the motorcyles now coming around for sturgis anyday. Friggin loud and then the some that trash the area and or are obnoxious. Or be hiking on Lafayette summit on a Saturday.

I'm in the Black Hills for the summer. Side by sides,Razors and ATV's can go on any road in SD except the interstate. I'd rather have them then the motorcyles now coming around for sturgis anyday. Friggin loud and then the some that trash the area and or are obnoxious. Or be hiking on Lafayette summit on a Saturday.
What's your thoughts on snowmobiles?

What's your thoughts on snowmobiles?
love em. got 3 of them. 4 strokes only. Tough to find time to snowmobile and hike during winter. usually snowmobile during the week and hike weekends. Or when lack of snow hike only. Too cold to hike we snowmachine. Life's tough choices.