Marcy Jan 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking for some people to join us for our yearly attempt at Marcy during statistically the coldest weeks of the year. This is not a trip for the faint of heart, and special gear is required. Right now we have 2 of us definately going, but we would like to form a group of 4 or more brave souls. Our date is set for Jan 8-12. Here is the game plan:

Thursday night thru Friday: Meet at South meadows or the Loj and hike into Lake Colden. Thursday night may be spent at Marcy dam. Set up camp at Lake Colden. Possibly shoot for Marshall.

Saturday: Marcy attempt, possible side-trips to Skylight or Grey.

Sunday: Open schedule, Iroquios is still needed, perhaps Phelps?...

Monday: Hike out, unless this was already done on Sunday. Pizza at Phat Shannons.

We are looking specifically for people who have *some" winter experience, all of the gear, and a positive attitude. One catch. We would prefer if you hadn't hiked Marcy in the winter in the past. We are willing to car pool people up to the Dax as necessary. Food can also be negotiated.

One other note: We have enough "community gear" (tents, stoves, etc.) for up to 6 people. So if you don't have a 4 season tent, no biggy.

Any Takers?

-percious

I will be doing a very similar trip the weekend before your trip (12/30 - 1/2). I'll post the current conditions, which should help you. The only difference I see is that I plan on staying at Feldspar and launch all attempts from there.

hey percious-
if you are ever planning any other hikes lemme know... im doing marcy just after your proposed trip (13-17 of jan). good luck! :)