Mountainhouse"Raspberry Crumble"Oatmeal Bars recipe

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
I don't like raspberry & oreo soup so I was trying to figure what to do with the 4 or 5 Mountainhouse Raspberry Crumbles I had in storage.
This is a good oatmeal bar recipe I've used.
To this recipe I've added 1 or 2 of the Raspberry packets reconstituted with 1/2 the water recommended on the Mountainhouse package. Increase cook time by about 15 minutes, top with the oreo cookie crumble and cut into 24 bars, zip-lock and freeze. None have made it to the trails yet as my kids have found them. The approximate nutritional info including the Raspberry Crumble mix is;
NUTRITION INFORMATION: 1 bar
Calories 170, Calories from Fat 25, Total Fat 2.5g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 75mg, Dietary Fiber 2g
Oat Soluble Fiber = 1g

I've been thinking about adding more salt, whey powder for protein and using butter instead of oil , but I'm not sure about those items yet.

Looks good - thanks for sharing!

We had the same reaction to the "soup," but found that cutting back the water very slightly made a big difference. I think we cut only an ounce or two, and the result was no longer soupy at all. It was a very non-linear effect.