Nashua Beer Night! 12/21/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amstony

Reaction score
Nashua beer night took place at Joes American Bar and Grille on Wednesday night, 12/21/05..........

After lots of coordination and planning, participants arrived at the trailhead (Pheasant Lane Mall parking lot) without problems. Cantdog arrived first, 5:45PM) and established the basecamp at the bar. It was a good location, plenty of scenery visible :D , not too many people on our end of the bar and liquid resupply immediately available just by asking for it :) . At about 6:00 PM, I arrived at the bar and approved the location. I even had a chair ready for me, secured by Cantdog. A few minutes later Melanie and Judi arrived. Cantdog then went to the entrance and put our name on the list for tables so we could eat and drink. Quickly after that Stevehiker and then Hikerfast arrived, parked at the trailhead, and joined us at basecamp.

At this point we waited .....and waited for tables, it was like lining up at the Hillary step on an Everest expedition. After a 1/2 hour or so Melanie went and checked on our table and found that we were NOT :confused: in the que, and had to go back to the beginning. So we lined up, waited, and continued to hydrate and enjoy the evening. Us guys continued to admire the spectacular scenery in the area....... :D We also secured additional seats at the basecamp bar location for the hiker ladies. Several brands of beer were tested out during our wait. :eek:

Finally, at 7:15 PM we were cleared and made it to our summmit tables where the real partying began. We ordered massive amounts of appetizers since we were all exhausted from the long trips to the tailhead and basecamp. Hikerfast had the bar locate a 10 year old bottle of Balvenie scotch, which he found to his liking and tested continously! :D Further beer testing mixed with additional orders of food lead to excellent cameraderie, good humor, male bonding, female bonding, flirting, and fun! :)

At this point KayakDan and Mrs Kayakdan arrived, followed shortly after by Mary. Under the influence of hydration, the team welcomed the new team memebers to basecamp and made sure they were fed and hydrated. Then followed a great discussion on flat hikes in the White Mtns, skiing, winter hiking, peakbagging plans and kayaking...and admiration of all our abilities

by 8:40 PM, one summit member became extremely tired and descended early, we bade her good luck. By 9:15, we all began our descent to the mall parking lot, although several decided to stay in the area of base camp and visit the stores, which were open till midnight!! :)

A fun night, and we'll definitely be meeting again!!!!!

Mrs KD and I had a great time meeting everyone at the "trailhead".
We're looking forward to seeing you all on the trail!