Scarecrow Pub North Conway- Being rebuilt

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Scarecrow used to be a popular post ski and to some post hike place to stop across from Ragged Mtn. It closed Pre Covid and was looking a bit worse for wear. The exterior is getting a major rehab and I expect the interior is also getting attention. I have no idea on what is going in there but its nice to see it was not renovation by bull dozer which seems to be the preferred approach these days.

I really liked the Scarecrow, it was one of my favorites in the valley.

I must admit, living in Gorham I dont think I have ever been in the place but heard from others it was good place to go post hike.

I used to stop in there a lot "back in the day" heading back to town from Wildcat. I remember it getting pretty run down and disappointing but that was years and years ago. It would be a good spot to have a good beer and food option between the ski areas and Conway.

It was a real dive back in the day but we did enjoy going there nonetheless. They have been working on it for years. Covid caused quite a bit of delay and financing has also caused it to be a longer process. The last couple months has seen a lot of progress. Inside completely gutted and being rebuilt. Outside also getting redone. The folks at Ragged can provide more detail. Last I heard they are targeting April but that seems a bit aggressive.

It's going to be called "Crow's". Yes serious rehab for the better.