Southern Presidentials - 3/9/2008 (Date Change)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Earl,

It's possible that Tim & I will be following in your footsteps, literally, as far as Monroe, but we'll be a couple hours behind you at best. I hate spring time change. And it will depend on whether these multiple inches of rain that are falling right now freeze overnight. We may not even get out of the driveway.

Valerie

Well folks, I really hate to do this but I have to pull out of this hike.

Here is the reason, the weather.

The forecast has improved in some areas but significantly gone down in others. These changes have all essentially developed over the past two hours. The cloud cover is forecast to be roughly 500 feet below the level of the Lakes of the Clouds Hut until mid-afternoon. Add to that the increased probability of frozen precipitation and we have a potentially dangerous situation. Above the treeline in these conditions is something I would prefer to avoid.

I feel bad about this. Going after the hike and the potential consequences doesn't seem like a good idea.

I know you guys have a Plan B. If you decide to pursue it, or even stick with this plan, I hope you have a great hike.Best of luck with your decision.

Sorry for the late call.