Spring Gathering! Weekend of May 9th, 2014 (North Conway, NH area)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Hello All,

We would like to invite the VFTT community (including official members & lurkers) for a spring weekend at our cabin in Madison, NH!

Info below....

GATHERING OVERVIEW
WHERE: Madison, NH (15 minutes south of North Conway in the eastern White Mountains)
WHEN: Saturday, May 10th - Sunday, May 11th, 2014
HOW: Cabin plus room for 10+ tents
WHO: Up to 20-25 people
WHAT: eating, drinking, bonfires, & catching up with friends....and maybe some hiking on sunday

vfttcabininvite1.gif

OTHER INFO
  • Cabin has a limited amount of beds, but there are plenty of great (and flat) places to set up a tent, including a few sites alongside both sides of nice brook behind the cabin
  • Festivities will begin at on Saturday 5/10 and conclude on Sunday afternoon 5/11.
  • Feel free to stay Saturday night
  • We'll provide a variety of food, snacks & beverages, but we'll also be asking everyone to bring their favorite dish as well (pot luck party!)
If interested, please leave a message, send a PM, or shoot me an email ([email protected]). You don’t have to commit now – we just want to gage the level of interest.

I will PM or email the address of the cabin once we get closer to the date.

vfttcabininvite2.gif

NEARBY ATTRACTIONS:
  • Madison Boulder (largest boulder in the Northeast)
  • Mt. Chocorua
  • Moat Mountain (the mountain & the brewery)
  • Boulder Loop Trail
  • Cathedral Ledge (hiking & climbing)
  • Mt. Whiteface / Mt. Passaconaway
  • Kayaking Pea Porridge Pond
Cheers,

- Greg (roadtripper) & Abby

Attachments

• vfttcabininvite1.gif
    vfttcabininvite1.gif
    24 KB · Views: 106
  • vfttcabininvite2.gif
    vfttcabininvite2.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
So the weather forecast isn't looking so hot for the 1st half of this weekend, so this event will now be from Saturday morning through early Sunday afternoon.

Should be at least 10-15 in attendance based on the facebook event I have with some of the old-time VFTTers. New & old members (and lurkers) are more than welcome to stop by and socialize by the fire - always fun to meet new hikers. Feel free to bring a tent and camp in the yard - plenty of space.

PM or email me ([email protected]) by Friday morning for cabin address in Madison, NH. We are only 15 minutes from North Conway and sunday hiking weather looks great as of right now.

Hopefully see some of you there.

Cheers,

- Greg (roadtripper)