Year Round Campgrounds Near "Hubs" Of NH And ME Hiking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes someone had told me that awhile back, maybe Sierra. I think he (or whoever) said they remain open until first snowfall so it can vary year to year. I may check that one out.
Not me, I have always been under the impression Dry River is strictly seasonal. I did ask a girlfriend of mine who is sesonal in Twin mt and there is a campground on 302 in Twin mt that is open all winter. "Along the river campground" and cabins, so you can rent a cabin if tenting in the winter is not your cup of tea.

Not me, I have always been under the impression Dry River is strictly seasonal. I did ask a girlfriend of mine who is sesonal in Twin mt and there is a campground on 302 in Twin mt that is open all winter. "Along the river campground" and cabins, so you can rent a cabin if tenting in the winter is not your cup of tea.
No worries. It was awhile ago and I forget who mentioned it.

I bookmarked the Along The River website. Didn't even know it was there. I always go straight or right at the Rte 302/Rte 3 junction heading North. Thanks for the referral on that one.

Yes someone had told me that awhile back, maybe Sierra. I think he (or whoever) said they remain open until first snowfall so it can vary year to year. I may check that one out.

You can add Crocker Pond to that list. USFS indicates it switches to pack in/pack out in winter but access is by foot or snowmo once Patte Mill closes. Crocker Pond is easily my favorite USFS car campground in the Whites.

You can add Crocker Pond to that list. USFS indicates it switches to pack in/pack out in winter but access is by foot or snowmo once Patte Mill closes. Crocker Pond is easily my favorite USFS car campground in the Whites.
Only 7 sites. Does it get that little use? I had to Google that one. Had never heard of it before.

Last time I was there the end of June only 3 sites were occupied. There is a "dispersed" site up at the access to Broken Bridge too. Speaking of, lots of dispersed car camping sites available until the roads close. Old Cherry Mtn, Haystack, Gale River, Hut, Little Lary, Town Hall/Slippery Brook, Kilkenny, Jefferson Notch, etc. I'm sure I'm missing some.