VFTT.org Terms of Service
VFTT.org, its administrators, moderators, sponsors, and members (collectively VFTT.org) provide this site and its content AS IS for entertainment purposes only. Use of VFTT.org implies that you have read, understand, and agree to these Terms Of Service.
- HIKING, SLIDE CLIMBING, ICE CLIMBING, ROCK CLIMBING, BUSHWHACKING, KAYAKING, and BACKCOUNTRY SKIING ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES which may result in serious injury or death. Use the information contained on this website at your own risk and do not depend on the information contained on this website for personal safety or for determining whether to attempt any hike, climb, route, or activity described herein.
- Individual thoughts or statements expressed in this public forum are the express views of the individual user making the statement and it will be implied that those statements do not automatically reflect the opinions and views of the administration of this site or other members.
- VFTT.org does not check the reliability or accuracy of any information posted on these topics. Just because you see information posted here, it does not mean that information is correct, or even remotely accurate to what you will find on the ground. Additionally, many parts of the backcountry are wild, remote and sometimes unforgiving. The terrain is constantly shifting, so what is true today, may not be true tomorrow.
- VFTT.org MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE. VFTT.org IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
- Advertisements presented on VFTT.org are paid subscriptions by independent merchants, and are solely the jurisdiction of the party from whom the ad originates. VFTT.org is not responsible for the content of any advertisement or any goods or services offered therein. Any user entering any agreement with an advertiser on this forum does so on their own accord and thus, indemnifies VFTT.org from any agreement between merchant and user, should disagreements arise.
- By using this site, you agree, to the greatest extent permitted by law to release VFTT.org and any of its employees, officers, directors, members, trip leaders, or agents from any and all liability claims, losses, and/or damages for personal injuries or death which may result from use of information provided on this web site. Further, I agree not to sue or bring any claim against vftt.org or any of its employees, officers, directors, members, trip leaders, or agents for personal injuries or wrongful death suffered as a result of information provided by this web site.
- While the this site will NOT sell or otherwise provide any personal information provided, the administration does reserve the right to access ALL communication in extreme circumstances. Particularly as it relates to harassment, site integrity or suspected unlawful activity. Privacy should and will be assumed, but is not absolute. Membership in VFTT.org is not required in order to read the forums, only to post in them. Search engines, web crawlers and indexers such as Google will find your posts and any personal information you provide may stay with them forever.
- You should assume that all posts you make on this site will be retained here forever, unless you delete them, or they are in violation of the terms of service, in which case the moderators will delete them. Requests to delete all your posts will not be honored - the software does not support it, it leaves holes in threads, etc. If you want to "leave", you should delete all your own posts and then request your account be deactivated. Deleting your account will leave all your posts intact, with your username intact, although you will be shown as "guest", and have no profile, and hence no way to be contacted. None of the moderators have the time to manually remove hundreds or thousands of posts.
- The forums on this website are moderated in an effort to stay focused and on topic. This tight moderation is what separates this site from other backcountry websites. This is a backcountry specific site developed for the sharing of backcountry information. It is not an AOL chat room. Please do your part and follow these simple rules:
- Posts must be relevant to the forum they are in.
- Posts within a thread should remain on the topic of the thread.
- No flames, personal attacks, politics, advertising (posts, signatures, etc., can not include links to commercial websites; avatars cannot be advertisements or products from which the owner profits, etc.), foul language, or fund raising (charities or otherwise).
- Special consideration will be given to members who are authors or presenters of topics of interest to the VFTT membership. If members have a mountain or hiking related publication, slide show, photography exhibit, book signing, etc, they can do a 1 month to 2 week prior link to the event, book, etc. With a bump just before the event. No repeat announcements without prior consent of the moderators.
- Off topic posts will be deleted.
- Certain topics, while not expressly forbidded, are known to produce heated debates, generally without any new information or resolution, and are best avoided. They include, but are not limited to: guns, dogs, post holes, reputation points (or lack thereof), and GPS tracks to bushwhack peaks.
- Do not post text or images that you do not own the copyright to. Post a link to articles or images on other sites that you do not own the rights to.