PDA

View Full Version : icon question

coldfeet
02-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Hi guys,

Where can i read about the icons that are displayed at the bottom of peoples avatars?....wanted to know what they stand for...thx....David

cantdog
02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
The green circle means the user is on line now. Click the scale to square them. Click the red triangle w/! to report them for naughtiness.

cbcbd
02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
If you put your cursor over them it should tell you what it is.
From left to right:
-User is offline/online
-Add to user's reputation
-Report Bad Post

coldfeet
02-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh boy i messed up......I clicked on spencer's red marker to see what it was about...i'll talk to him...sorry, how soes it get fixed...i promise not to touch anymore buttons...

cbcbd
02-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh boy i messed up......I clicked on spencer's red marker to see what it was about...i'll talk to him...sorry, how soes it get fixed...i promise not to touch anymore buttons...
Haha, that's great...
I'm sure if you just PM a mod about it they can take care of it and just be aware of the mistake.

coldfeet
02-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I pm'd David Meskey right after i read about the icon, glad i didn't mess up Spencer's reputation, promise to type 1000 times, "I will not touch"...thx..

David Metsky
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Actually, nothing happened, there's nothing wrong.

The "report this post" button just takes you to a PM screen that allows you to report a post to the mods. Until you actually send that PM, nothing has happened. And if you send it, we mods get notified, that's it. I has no impact on the system beyond that, no black marks (or red squares) are associated with it.

In fact, people should be using that function more. If you have a problem with a post that you think is inappropriate, please use the "report this post" feature instead of posting your response online. We'd much prefer that things like that get handled behind the scenes rather than in public. It cuts down on the moderation duties and makes things flow much more smoothly all around.

-dave-

Dennis C.
02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I noticed some time back that I'm probably the only one that doesn't have a "report bad post" red triangle. Is that becuse I never reported anyone? ;)

NH_Mtn_Hiker
02-05-2006, 03:16 PM
I noticed some time back that I'm probably the only one that doesn't have a "report bad post" red triangle. Is that becuse I never reported anyone? ;)

We can't report ourselves Dennis.:p

David Metsky
02-05-2006, 09:49 PM
We can't report ourselves Dennis.:p
That's correct, you can't report your own posts.

-dave-

Mark
02-06-2006, 07:13 AM
That's correct, you can't report your own posts.

-dave-
Is there any way to fix this for those of us with multiple personalities? After further review, I often feel the need to report my own posts.

That's a stupid idea!
No it isn't!

Yes it is!
You never like any of my posts!

Guys, let's not fight!

You stay out of it!
Keep it up and I'll get my own ID.

Yeah - good luck with that!

That's it. Red squares for all of you!

;)

--M.
02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Coldfeet, the next time I hear of an accidental nuclear bombing, I'll know it was you.

I'd use a winky icon here, but one of them causes cancer and I can't remember which one.

coldfeet
02-09-2006, 08:40 PM
--M. "I'm a dancin fool!".....your quote reminded me of Frank Zappa and some old friends from the 70's.....and the reason why I hike so slow now was because of all those Twinkies and Ring dings I ate after listening to "watch out where those huskies go, don't u eat that yellow snow" ....ahhhh those were the days...

cbcbd
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
"The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go"
:D