PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Trail Conditions Posters

WalksWithBlackflies
02-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Just my 2 cents: It'd be really nice to limit trail conditions posting to members. I can't give any creedence to NY condition reports that are basically just rants against Pin-Pin from anonymous posters. Summarizing: "we postholed here, we postholed there, we ruined your nice trail, etc." It's getting old real fast.

David Metsky
02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Please report things like this to the moderators via PM instead of posting them. We'll be looking into it. DO NOT post anything in response in Trail Conditions.

-dave-

Peakbagr
02-24-2006, 05:47 PM
I regularly "correspond" with some of the nits who post OT stuff on the trail conditions. It bugs us even more than it does you as Darren has to go in and delete the garbage.
I've been corresponding with the I.T. person and the superior of the poster who attacked Pin Pin. They banned that entire NYS agency's access to VFTT as a result, and disciplinary action is being taken against the employee.
If the comments are serious enough to warrant the time, we can locate the offender's computer and ISP. In the meantime, I get new penpals every week.
As Dave said, PM the moderators if there is something that doesn't belong there and tell your friends not to use it as a bulletin board.

Thanks,
PB