PDA

View Full Version : wtb - Touring kayak

alistair
05-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Does any know of anyone selling a touring kayak cheap?

cbcbd
05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Wow, you too? :)

Do you have any kayak in mind? Composite?
I'm also looking to upgrade and am checking some out at the moment.

alistair
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not upgrading, this will be my first kayak.
Unfortunately, I know what I want, but can't afford it. I've looked on ebay & NPMB but nothing seems to be in my price range. If your upgrading, will you be selling?

hikerfast
05-18-2006, 12:04 PM
pick up the want ad or uncle henry's swap guide. i bought 2 canoes this way. Also call places that rent canoes, they often sell off the rentals from the year before. The bigger the rental place the better.

cbcbd
05-18-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm not upgrading, this will be my first kayak.
Unfortunately, I know what I want, but can't afford it. I've looked on ebay & NPMB but nothing seems to be in my price range. If your upgrading, will you be selling?
If you don't get what you want now and really get into technical kayaking (the learning curve is short) you will be buying another boat in a year or two just like I'm doing now... :)

I have a Perception Carolina 14.5. Have had it since Fall of '04. It's been great, but since the end of last season I felt I had outgrown the boat. Now I'm looking into Greenland style boats and am checking out a WS Arctic Hawk this weekend.
I wasn't planning on selling the Carolina since it would still have a purpose in my growing arsenal of boats - plus, the Carolina is not really a sea kayak by definition.

ConnYak.org caters more to sea kayakers and has a classified section that you could check out.

mudhook51
05-18-2006, 03:34 PM
There is usually a paddle fest in Inlet or Old Forge in May, if its not happened already. Lets you try out alot of different boats. They often have rentals and demos for sale. Mountainman Outdoors or something like that is the name of the company.

Rick
05-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Alistair,
What are you looking for. I have been thinkiing of selling my Necky Zoar and buying a canoe for the little one to paddle with me..

alistair
05-18-2006, 07:54 PM
You'd do that for me a fellow Brit? .... even if I am Scottish

What size of zoar do you have?

David Metsky
05-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Guys, if you are buying and selling, please move the discussion to email.

-dave-