PDA

View Full Version : wild weather in the White Mtns.!

forestgnome
12-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Ok folks, the weather is changing. Right now there are lightning strikes and monster thunder booms rattling the windows. Cold meets warm! Yeehaw!

Happy Trails :)

skibones
12-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok folks, the weather is changing. Right now there are lightning strikes and monster thunder booms rattling the windows. Cold meets warm! Yeehaw!

Same here in Waterville Valley.The dogs are totally puzzled with the huge lightning strikes. I can't imagine that the mt will open tomorrow like they said it would.

onestep
12-01-2006, 07:22 PM
The National Weather Service just issued a severe Thunderstorm warning for Southern Maine. Thanks guys!

Onestep

blacklab2020
12-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Same here in BUFFALO!

min wind speed 37 mph with frequent gusts above 55 toping out just above 60 mph... :D :D

MattC
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
What's crazy is that the most intense winds and lightning were here in New York's Mid-Hudson Valley only about 3 hours ago. That storm was really moving! If only we could drive to New Hampshire that fast... :D

Matt

blacknblue
12-01-2006, 08:45 PM

I don't care about "cold meets warm." I care about "cold kicks the crap out of warm until next April." :) Let's hear it for a December that makes up for this November!

marty
12-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Loud thunder and vivid lightning just passed through where I live about 30 miles north of Boston. Very cool!

trailbiscuit
12-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I don't care about "cold meets warm." I care about "cold kicks the crap out of warm until next April." :) Let's hear it for a December that makes up for this November!

I'll second that!
It snowed pretty much all day in Pinkham Notch, but not really sticking. It definitely feels like change is a coming.