PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants in Lincoln area

shamples
06-17-2008, 08:13 PM
I am going for an extended 4 day weekend up to Lincoln, NH in a few weeks with my girlfriend. Hopefully hitting Bridal Veil Falls among other hikes with her but I was wondering what people's favorites up in that area to eat were. We hit Woodstock Inn last year that we loved, and planned on going back there, but would like some other good options in and around that area. Thanks

Early Bird
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
The Common Man is really good. I don't think I've been to the one in Lincoln, but I have been to a couple of others around the state. They are family owned and Delicious. (Capital "D" on purpose) They are also pretty healthy- no hydrogenated oils in the meals. Each menu is a little different. If I were staying 4 days in Lincoln, I would eat here at least twice. Here's the link: Lincoln Common Man (http://www.thecman.com/restaurants/common-man-lincoln/)

wardsgirl
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
No trip with a typical girlfriend would be complete without a visit to Polly's Pancake Parlor in nearby Sugar Hill... and you can check out the beautiful lupines in bloom.... I'm a girl, so kill me!

jmegillon149
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Truants tavern in Woodstock is probably my favorite place

Fisher Cat
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I still like the Woodstock Inn, downstairs or upstairs, with a Sox game on, and a good Weasel Wheat in when its available. Always been happy with Gords up the road as well.

Raymond
06-18-2008, 03:01 AM
Can’t remember their names, but a fish place in the shopping center by the supermarket and the dollar store, and a steak place at the other shopping center up the road closer to the Kanc were places I ate a couple times each last year.

Over in North Lincoln, Woodward’s Motor Inn and a pizza place across the street (from Woodward’s) were within walking distance of the Mt. Coolidge Motel, where I stayed several times last year.

The Longhorn, for breakfast.

MadRiver
06-18-2008, 07:23 AM
An interesting place to have lunch is the Gypsy Café. It is not your standard fare when it comes to lunch. I find their cuisine choices delicious.

marty
06-18-2008, 07:32 AM
No trip with a typical girlfriend would be complete without a visit to Polly's Pancake Parlor in nearby Sugar Hill... and you can check out the beautiful lupines in bloom.... I'm a girl, so kill me!

I like Polly's too and I'm a guy. There, I admitted it.

Nothing better than chowing down a batch of their pancakes and bacon before a hike. It also has great views of the Franconia Range, Twins, Presi's, etc. :cool:

WhiteMTHike
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I'll also vote for the Common Man, it's one of my favorites. Fresolone's has good pizza and other Italian dishes (very good sauce) plus they have a nice deck in the back right next to the Pemi. For breakfast my favorite is the Notch View Country Kitchen.

Trainwreck
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
I spend alot of time inthe Lincoln area, and all of the above are great.If you want to do a nice dinner and splurge on her, I like Seasons at the Loon Mtn Resort. Nice romantic place, good food, a bit more pricy that the other options, but a nice change nonetheless.
B.

Mohamed Ellozy
06-18-2008, 02:45 PM
An interesting place to have lunch is the Gypsy Café. It is not your standard fare when it comes to lunch. I find their cuisine choices delicious.Never been there for lunch, often for dinner. Excellent food, not cheap.

Paradox
06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Heading out early you can stop at "Half Baked and Fully Brewed" for a latte and a great cinnamen bun or other breakfast things. Its at the east side of Lincoln on Rt 112. A great place for a more formal dinner is The William Tell on Rt 49 between Campton and Waterville Valley.

Gris
06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Cold Mountain Cafe in Bethlehem. That's where I end up for late dinners out when I'm up. Sometimes interesting happenings at ye olde threatre across the street too. :D

BobC
06-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll second the recommendation of Truant's, which is across the street from Woodstock Station.

If you're looking for something cheaper someday, you can get subs or pizza at either Earl of Sandwich or GH Pizza, which are fairly close to each other, on the left side of route 112 if you're heading towards North Conway.

For breakfast, White Mountain Bagel has some great stuff.

Stan
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Probably my favorite restaurant in the world is Govonis on rt. 112 a few miles west of North Woodstock. The Italian dishes rivaled anything in Boston's North End. The charm of this little place tucked between the road and a rushing stream cannot be matched.

Part of my affection for the place is that it was a fitting conclusion to many peakbagging trips to the area. Hikers, bikers, lovers and families are equally comfortable.

For a few reasons it has not operated every year the past several years. I do not know if the same family is operating it this summer but I do know I will be making an extra trip just to eat there. They reopen on July 2.

BlackBuffalo
06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
After a long dayhike on the Franconia ridge last Sept., I stopped at a local MacDonalds and had two Double Cheeseburgers.
They tasted like the best thing I've had in my life. Well earned!!

Well, I never said I reviewed restaurants.

dentonfabrics
06-19-2008, 06:28 AM
For a few reasons it has not operated every year the past several years. I do not know if the same family is operating it this summer but I do know I will be making an extra trip just to eat there. They reopen on July 2.

I've always wondered about that place. I dont think I've ever seen it open.

This isn't in the Woodstock area but there's a new breakfast/lunch spot in Bartlett on 302 called Pear Mtn Restaurant. Great food, creative menu. I should be there 2 hours from now if I can get my butt in gear this morning...

Ed Poyer
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
...has interesting sandwiches, great desserts and good coffee. It is on Rte. 3 opposite from the Woodtock Inn / Woodstock Tavern.
Ed

trailbiscuit
06-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Heading out early you can stop at "Half Baked and Fully Brewed" for a latte and a great cinnamen bun or other breakfast things. Its at the east side of Lincoln on Rt 112.
A second for "this place that I couldn't remember the name of, and was driving me crazy every time I looked at this thread." They have some tasty lunches, too.

Silverfox
06-19-2008, 08:01 PM
I am in with the Gypsy Cafe'...wide and eclectic menu..have never been disappointed..well maybe by the wine list..

At the Woodstock end....got to like the beer at the Woodstock Inn but my meals have always been better at Truants.....

weatherman
06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Peg's (N Woodstock) for breakfast. As local a place as you'll find near there. Any of the Common Men for dinner.

Heck, after 10+ miles, cat food sounds good.

Weatherman

WhiteMTHike
06-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Peg's (N Woodstock) for breakfast. As local a place as you'll find near there. Any of the Common Men for dinner.

Heck, after 10+ miles, cat food sounds good.

Weatherman

<<---- He agrees! As for me I agree with Peg's for breakfast.

alpinista
06-26-2008, 06:11 AM
I also would vote for Truant's ... Woodstock Inn across the diagonally across street if you're into beers. Peg's directly across the street for breakfast is a big favorite.

Closer into the heart of Lincoln, there's a decent fish and steak place on the righthand side heading away from Lincoln/Woodstock -- and heading toward the camp sites along the Kanc -- but the name of that restaurant escapes me now!

MichaelJ
06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
there's a decent fish and steak place on the righthand side heading away from Lincoln/Woodstock -- and heading toward the camp sites along the Kanc -- but the name of that restaurant escapes me now!
Gordi's Fish and Steak House (http://gordisfishandsteak.com/)

JOD
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
THE BEST roast beef sandwich is at Bill & Bobs. Main St Lincoln. Dave will close early if they run out of roast beef. Closing is usually at 8pm.

Great deli sandwiches (cheap too) and supplies are at Wayne's Market in North Woodstock. Wayne's also makes good "breakfast sandwiches" like a mcmuffin, $0.99. Waynes has the best butcher shop around too.

All the other places mentioned are good too.

If you want "deals" eat at the bar in the Station at the Woodstock Inn. They have bar only specials. They usually have full turkey dinners Sunday through Thursday too. I think they're $5.99. The Inn has a frequent diner card where you earn Inn Points.

Truants has a frequent diner card, it's free. You have to ask for it, and you have to ask for them to stamp it when you pay.

The Common Man has a pub menu too. I eat there instead of the main restaurant.

Gordi's is good too I eat in the bar area.

Gypsy Cafe is awesome. I can't afford to eat there often.

if you like Chinese or sushi the Imperial Palace on the corner of Rts 3 & 112 is good too.

As for pizza I prefer GH to all the other shops in Lincoln. I like Greek pizza style better!

CJ's Penalty Box in Kancamagus Motor Lodge is a good place too. Try Cam's Cre"8"tion.

DrewKnight
06-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Second (third? fourth? fifth?) for Woodstock Inn / Woodstock Station... good food, reasonable prices, and excellent beer (my personal favorite is the Pig's Ear Brown). I haven't tried the finer dining in the Clement Room, however.

Speaking of Pig's Ears -- it seems to be a hit-or-miss proposition as I am not actually sure when they're open, but when we've managed to hit it, the take-out BBQ from Pig's Ear / Texas Toast Eatery was pretty tasty.

And further on the subject of barbeque -- I haven't been in George's Seafood Too in Lincoln, but the first outlet on the Tenney Mountain Highway in Plymouth is pretty good and very reasonable, especially if you hit them on a "special night" for ribs.

Tom Rankin
06-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Maybe too early for the OP, but there is a brew fest in Lincoln this Saturday, 4-9, at the Lincoln Village Shops on Main Street in Lincoln.

Info: 603-745-6621