PDA

View Full Version : It feels good, thank you

Panama Jack
02-16-2005, 07:14 PM
Look, I'm not trying to form a circle here and sing Kumbaya. I'm not much of a hugger either, so don;t misunderstand me.

But As I read the letter to "all of us" from the President of the Cog, in response to what was a heated debate, I see members of the FTFC participating on the site, not to mention the extremely high quality focused members, I feel proud to be a member of this community and congratulate all of you on the respect you garner within the mountain community of New Hampshire. (pardon the run on sentence)

The information I "look at" on the 15 inch screen in front of me is like eating Manna. It is not at all like being on the internet. Its like being part of a think tank who's members tele-communicate. Its like reading a textbook for the course I am taking out in the woods.

Its a place I can learn and share, a place I can bitch about not making the Garfield summit. Read cantdog's great tail of trailbreaker,A place I learn that it is important to participate in giving of myself when I see carloads of people heading to the Cats from New England in support of a perfect strangers (to me anyway), efforts to raise money. Riding bikes for brain tumor research, and hiking mountians for Diabetes.

People here seem to insist on a certain maturity when dealing with one another and are always ready to respectfully disagree (well, most of the time :)

But anyway, thanks a lot to all of you, I learn something new everytime I read what you have banged on your keyboard.

Darren, I don't know you from Adam, but congratulations on the success of your "hobby" and thank you for gathering such a great group of people!

:eek: OMG when you put "hikers blessing" (with quotes) into Google there are no responses! Well, This hiker knows where his blessings come from, and I thank you all for them!
-PJ-

Sherpa John
02-16-2005, 09:16 PM
::tear:: :o

Agreed my friend.... agreed

Panama Jack
02-17-2005, 05:40 AM
I said no Kumbaya! :D

robohiker
02-17-2005, 06:32 AM
I love you ,man. :p :rolleyes:

Panama Jack
02-17-2005, 06:59 AM
The theme music should be "people" by Barbra Streisand! :D :p :D( everybody sway)

coldmountain
02-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I cant taste MY beer either.