PDA

View Full Version : Cooley Hill to Cobble Hill bushwhack

TJsName
05-05-2014, 12:52 PM
Looking at the map, it appears one could whack off the western side of Cooley Hill and hit the 'Jericho Trail', follow that to Glen Chandler Road, and then head down via the Cobble hill road. Anyone ever done this? Anything to lookout for?

As always, thanks in advance.

RoySwkr
05-06-2014, 09:42 AM
As mentioned in WMG, there is a mtn bike trail headed W that may help you do a loop without bushwhacking - I don't know where it goes as instead of following the trail back to the car I stayed on the intersecting woods road and followed that to Rte.116. Not recommended, long slog on pavement with uphill at end.

TJsName
05-06-2014, 05:39 PM
As mentioned in WMG, there is a mtn bike trail headed W that may help you do a loop without bushwhacking - I don't know where it goes as I bushwhacked to Cole Hill instead

Yeah - I'm trying to find some more information on bike trail, but no luck this far.

How were the conditions over to Cole Hill?

TDawg
05-07-2014, 06:22 AM
It's an old skid road from a past logging operation. Last spring it looked like it was used more by ATVs than Mtn bikes. Heads in a northwesterly direction downhill towards Landaff through the regenerating cut. Fifth picture...

https://picasaweb.google.com/TMHHikes48/CooleyHillViaJerichoRdTrail52013?noredirect=1#5880 614291961244770

RoySwkr
05-13-2014, 06:21 PM
How were the conditions over to Cole Hill?

As it turns out my memory was faulty, I thought I had gone to Cole Hill and dropped off to Rte. 116 from there but it turns out that instead of following the trail back to the car I stayed on the intersecting woods road and followed that to Rte.116. Not recommended, long slog on pavement with uphill at end.