PDA

View Full Version : West Mill Brook road condition

buddy
09-19-2017, 02:36 PM
Has anybody been down the road from rt. 9 to the 87 underpass into the West Mill Brook area recently? Last time I was there the river crossing was good but the road down to the crossing was starting to erode. We will be driving a 4x4 suburban. We are older guys planning to revisit Wyman, we could hike the extra 2 mi but would prefer not to.

Rivet
09-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Has anybody been down the road from rt. 9 to the 87 underpass into the West Mill Brook area recently? Last time I was there the river crossing was good but the road down to the crossing was starting to erode. We will be driving a 4x4 suburban. We are older guys planning to revisit Wyman, we could hike the extra 2 mi but would prefer not to.

I was there on Sunday. Made it across the river and to the other side of the Northway in a Forester. Water level is only a few inches. Road near the crossing was fine with loose gravel banks.

Beyond the culvert, road is a little rutted and soft in spots with one big mud wallow encompassing the width the road.

buddy
09-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info Rivet, can't wait to get back up into that area. It's one of my favorites