PDA

View Full Version : User Rep Rules - Awsome!

dave.m
06-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Darren,

A huge 2 handed thumbs up for the User Reputations Rules sticky.

I think the post is very well written and am particularly appreciative of your statement that "negative votes should not be cast on someone due to disagreement over an issue."

I am also very grateful that you've made this post an easily referencable resource for the site. It would be interesting to see if it will need a second set of stickies in the other forums that point back to it, like you have set up for the Site Rules sticky. Time and a look at the web logs will tell.

Hopefully having this up as a sticky will help get everybody pulling in the same direction better. Thanks so much for adding it!

ADK4Life
06-29-2005, 08:49 AM
I like the rep idea as long as it does not get out of hand. We are all adults here so it should go without a hitch.

Puck
06-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Also...way to go with the statement re:spelling and grammer. don't diss the dyslexics, disgraphics and leaning disabled.

jade
06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Um, like it's, um.......it's definitely with an 'i' and grammar with an 'a'. I'm NOT going to touch the 'leaning disabled'!

I will DEFINITELY take my GRAMMAR workbook on my next hike...... ;)

....Jade

Tom Rankin
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I like the rep idea as long as it does not get out of hand. We are all adults here so it should go without a hitch.

I'd recommend reading the other threads on this subject. :D

There are definitely members who are under 18 (as well as children of members), and a few who act more like their shoe size than their age. :D

ADK4Life
06-29-2005, 03:31 PM
There is always hope I guess?

Mr. X
06-30-2005, 12:30 PM
...I'm NOT going to touch the 'leaning disabled'!...

I've always been "leaning disabled". Especially at the gatherings :D .

I have learned to like the rep's system. I'll read the sticky to catch up.