Large format mountain photos or prints???

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovetohike

Reaction score
I need some help. Just moved to a new office and have one very large wall that I'd like to use for some nice big prints or photos of mountain scenery. Doesn't have to be the White Mts. (although that would be great), could be the Rockies, Tetons, Cascades, etc. Can be photos, prints, large good quality posters that I could frame, etc., but I really need something at least 3 feet by 4 feet or bigger. I guess I could put up two or three pretty large prints. I'm willing to spend some money, but not an arm and a leg (I looked in the Washburn Gallery on the Mount Washington Web site and even 30 x 40 prints were $1000!!. That's way too much for my needs here, plus they're not big enough anyway).

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

A little Cheaper

Here's another site. A bit cheaper than the other two you mentioned.
I would PM Darren also he has some great stuff.

Email Darron!!!!!

Geri's company purchased a one of his photos for the main entrance to the office - looks great and receives lots of comments.

Was going to post the site that Skiguy did, he has some great photography. I have a wallpaper of Voyageur's NP on my desktop right now.

Check out Darren's pictures too, also the trip report section has links to some fantastic photos from the Dolomites, IT...

Jay

In the same ballpark

This One is local to the NorthEast and in the same ballpark Price wise. This Photographer (Jamie) does some nice work and has a Gallery in Intervale,NH.
I would also contact forestnome one of our members here.

Support VFTT!

OK, a little shameless plug. You can help support Views From The Top by buying one (or more :) ) of my prints. You can check out my photo gallery and see if you like anything. If you want a print bigger than the sizes listed, just email or PM me and let me know the image and what size you want. I have just started making prints 16x24 prints and I can go larger. As bobandgeri said, one of my shots was blown up to over 3'x4' for a corporate client. That isn't a normal order, but I can go up to 20"x30" with many of my shots.

Thanks

- darren

I have the 1937 photo of Tuckerman's on my wall at home. I bought it at Layhoots in Lincoln.

It would be a great idea to patronize Darren's work and give a little back to this site. He has high quality and varied works. A good way to cover a large wall is to use mulitple pieces that fit a common theme, with consistant matting/framing.

Thanks, skiguy! I'd love to spam my site, but that would not be ethical.

Thanks everyone for the good info, I'm working on it. I did e-mail Darren and look at his site. His pictures are beautiful as we've seen here from time to time whevever he posts them.

Photo as wallpaper

I have a big wall that I would like to cover in a giant print, not just a framed one. The copy shops will do the mega-blow-up. That way I can lean back at my desk and feel like I'm on top of Jackson, looking over the ravines towards Mt. Washington, all I need is the cold breeze and some snow underfoot.

I took that shot, but with a lower resolution digital, so I don't think it will hold up with the enlagement and it needs either more white or more green. (panorama shot)

Darren, would you license one of your prints for a wall-size blow-up like that?