New York City November Get-Together

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
I thought I try to get some folks together for an evening and have a few brews and some good conversation. We haven't gotten together for a while.

I found a nice new pub in the Penn Station area (it's half a block from the 7th Avenue Garden/Penn Station entrance) so I thought we should try it out. It's big, has a good selection of brews and reasonable bar food.

NYC VFTT Get-Together

Date: Thursday November 17, 2005
Time: 5:30 PM - whenever
Place: Stout NYC
Address: 133 West 33rd Street

For those coming late, some of us should be around till at least 8:00 PM.

This should work better than that bar over at Chelsea Piers. Please RSVP on this thread. Hope to see you there.

Dang. I would try to come and meet you folks, AND I'll actually be in NYC that night, but I'm going to be seeing 311 that night and I'm sure by the time we get out it'll be pretty late. Maybe next one...

I'd love to get together and finally place some faces to these posts (oh, and of course have a beer!). I've been involved with this website for years, read the trail conditions religiously, and used to only check the Q&A portion of the forum. Just never got into the habit of checking this section out, so I've never gotten advance notice of these gatherings. I've recently seen the postings for the upstate and NE get togethers and was wondering if the NYC Metro crowd ever gets together. Unfortunately, after all of that intro, that could be a tough night (hoping to hit the trail right from work on Friday, so Thursday night is shop/pack/prep night). Also, I have no problems heading into the city, but to rush in right after work, try to park and then have the post-work crowd running home could be tough. Does anyone get together outside the city? I'd be happy to hit any of the burbs from Westchester/souther CT, to Rockland or Jersey. Just easier than NYC at rushhour.

There was a Jersey get together a while back, but being an NYC'er I didnt make it. I dont think there's been lower NYS gathering yet.

Anyways, I can make this one. Even if work goes haywire, it's just around the block and I finally have someone to cover for me.

I'll put it on my calendar and plan on stopping by, probably closer to 6:30- 7. Warren, remember to ask me about Panther Mt. Thanks, Fred

I'm a weenie

Uh, randomly today it occurred to me that next Thursday I have a prior obligation to see cartoons at fine art museum. I'll see if I can juggle things but I may miss this one too.

Fred- Heard about Panther. I'm anxious to get there, there are a few things I want to ask you about it. If I make it....

Reminder - it's this Thursday

Just a reminder. This is coming up this Thursday.

NYC VFTT Get-Together

Date: Thursday November 17, 2005
Time: 5:30 PM - whenever
Place: Stout NYC
Address: 133 West 33rd Street

We got a few yeses and a few maybes. Let's turn those maybes into yeses.

See you all there.

BTW: Out of towners are welcome.

I have someone coming at 6 to pickup equipment from me at the studio. Hopefully they won't hang me up too long, hoping to get there around 7.