Bushnell Outdoor Cameras

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice, but doesn't have an optical zoom, and probably doesn't have a lens adaptor for an attachment. Perhaps if it's really inexpensive, might be interesting.

Wonder who makes it for Bushnell and how "water resistant" it is... We all know that if it's water resistant, it should be yellow. :D

Jay

You can get better weatherproof cameras from Olympus and Pentax. Lack of optical zoom is a real killer.

-dave-

David Metsky said:
You can get better weatherproof cameras from Olympus and Pentax. Lack of optical zoom is a real killer.

-dave-
I have the Pentax Optio 43WR . Can't say I'm really happy with it.

Steve

sp1936 said:
I have the Pentax Optio 43WR . Can't say I'm really happy with it.

Steve
Please, do tell. :) I personally think the Olympus are better, but I'd be interested in hearing your experience. For true bomb proof cameras you can get an underwater case. But I've had no problems with my SD300 all winter so I'm not sure either are needed.

-dave-

David Metsky said:
Please, do tell. :) I'd be interested in hearing your experience.
My biggest beef is ergonomic. The camera does not seem to have been designed for human hands. The square shape is difficult to hold without getting fingers in the picture. Controls are located oddly and nothing is intuitive. Battery life is short. And the pictures just don't look as good as my old Fuji, which I have gone back to using.

I recently posted a request for recommendations for a new camera, to which many of you responded with excellent information. Unfortunately, I ended up with too much information, and have been unable to decide on a replacement. I might just stick with the Fuji.

Steve

David Metsky said:

-dave-
I have always sought out cameras with optical zoom. However, with the high megapixel ratings on modern cameras, some advocate dealing with zooming in Photoshop after the picture is downloaded. I realize this is effectively doing a digital zoom, but you can still end up with a decent amount of data in your cropped image.

I am looking to buy a digital camera for home and the trails, so the opinions of the excellent photographers in this forum would be welcome.