Best Photos

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....

...it has been done before. My only request is that people host their photos on another server and then link to the photo rather than attach it to the post. Too many attached photos eats up my server disk space and is a real bandwidth hog (which slows down the site).

So post away, just host away. (ha, that was funny in a geeky sort of way) :)

- darren

I've often thought of posting pictures on my own website too, but I don't have any idea how to set up such a website. Can you do it free? Any help out there?

Your ISP probably provides you with some webspace to set up your own site.

You can use one of many free photo hosting sites like Webshots to host your photos. For a few bucks you can buy the ability to host unlimited photos.

-dave-

here's my favorite

296436777LkdrrI_ph.jpg

I hope Darren isn't opposed to inline images. I'll remove if so.

There are more here

Last edited:
Yvon, How did you get the photo of the cooper's hawk with outstretched wings (epervier de cooper) ? Great shot!

BorealChickadee said:
Yvon, How did you get the photo of the cooper's hawk with outstretched wings (epervier de cooper) ? Great shot!

I was lucky to be there at this time. :)
There were 3 young Cooper's Hack and I observed them and to photograph during several hours and several weeks during last summer. And i could take my photos very close of them and their were not affraid.
At the time of this photograph it ate and a sqirrel climb on the same tree branch. That comme very fast and I could take 3-4 photograph. I am very proud of this photo, because it was my first experiment of birds photograph.

Choosing one is very difficult! So, I'll just limit my favorite to trips I've taken in the past few months.

Acadia National Park last October

I like how the fall colors on the mountains contrast with the ocean. It's just very "Maine" which is why I like it so much. :D

My favorite shots from this year:

Classic Dolomites Scene

Dolomiti Sunset

Looking South on Franconia Ridge

I changed the cropping a little bit since the last time I posted the Franconia Ridge shot. Now in addition to the 3 hikers on top of Little Haystack, you can also see 3 hikers on the trail in the lower left (but you have to look for them!). I have a 10x10 print of this shot in a 16x20 frame hanging in my house and I love it.

Oh and I have to include a picture of my favorite girl, even if it isn't hiking related. :eek:

- darren