in preparation for next spring...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great linkup! i'll definitely take a gander at this 'un when i head up to baxter. believe it or not, i never even SEEN one o' them rascals in new hampshire. truly. maybe all the garlic i eat or something. skeets--yeah. black flies--nah! :)

Ha! if only Sherp or i had taken a pic of that poor soul on top of Traveller Mt. (proper) Mem day weekend. First we thought he was wearing red long johns under his shorts and t-shirt.... that wuz befo we got close enough to realize iT WAS HIS SKIN!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You must be referring to one of these guys. There were so many attacking us up there that day.

img_2833.jpg

I took a few pictures of them with which I was going to photoshop Sherp's head onto one and post it. Unfortunatley, none of the ones showing the head came out well enough.

bruno said:
maybe all the garlic i eat or something. skeets--yeah. black flies--nah! :)

Man, you must eat A LOT of garlic. That's OK, though, if it works, it's good. Those guys are HUNGRY!

I'm usually one of teh last to need DEET & love Garlic so while it's not DEET & it doesn't smell sweet like Skin So Soft, it taste better than those.

It also won't attract bees (or the opposite - or same - sex either unless they grew up in sterotypical Italian households.) :D

Sure, jump on Sherp again :). That Traveller hike was truly miserable for the black flies. At one point I convinced myself that they were just swarming over me, so I could run a bit to get away from them. That didn't work. The only way I could get any relief was to lie perfectly still on my back on the ground. Gris and I were sorry looking that day when we finished that hike.

Despite thsi being an incredibly bad picture of me... take a look at the black flies swarming around my head in teh attached shot. I call it "misery"